Bluebonnet Children’s Advocacy Center is a safe place where abused and neglected children can tell his/her story to helpful adults without fear. We work to lessen the emotional trauma of the
victim by coordinating the assessment, investigation, prosecution and treatment of child abuse and neglect. Bluebonnet Children’s Advocacy Center is also a place where kids' hurt feelings can begin to heal. On average Bluebonnet Children’s Advocacy Center Serves 200 children a year.
- Interview child victims in a child-friendly environment by a neutral professional. While the interview is conducted investigators and prosecution observe to make sure every agency’s questions are asked.
- Coordinate monthly review of the investigation and prosecution of child abuse and neglect criminal cases with Children's Protective Services, law enforcement, and the District Attorney's office to ensure all agencies are working together in the best interest of the child.
- Provide a Victim Advocate to support the child and family during the life of the criminal case. The Victim Advocate also provides information to the child and family to help understand the system.
- Offer specialized therapy services including individual, group and family therapy using play, art, and music. Allowing kids and their families to heal what is hurt. www.Hereforutherapy.com
- Refer the child's family to outside services including The Crime Victim Compensation Fund, Texas Vine Program, and community resources.
- Rainbow Room that provides clothing and other basic needs provided by donations from community members. If you would like to donate, here is our wish list.
- Educational trainings are presented to children, parents, and professionals. Topics include: what is abuse, process of child abuse, what child abuse can look like, and what to do if a child is being abused. Download our training list here.